Policies with respect to Donations of items to the St. John's New To You Resale Shop.
o Donations Accepted
o Goods Donated
o Condition of the Goods
o Goods not accepted by the Shop
o All Sales Final
o New Resale Merchandise Each Fall
o Surplus Items to Charities
o Resale Shop Closes for Summer & Holidays
o Snow Days
- Donations Accepted - Donations are accepted anytime the Resale Shop is open. The hours are Mon-Fri 10 am-4:30 pm, Monday Evening 6:30-8:30 pm, Sat. 10 am to 1 pm. An appointment for donations is not necessary. A tax receipt is offered to the donor when the donation is received.
- Goods Donated - The Resale Shop will accept the following types of goods.
- Infant & toddler boys and girls clothes.
- Womens clothes - tops, sweaters, skirts, blazers, pants, 2-pc outfits, pajamas, coats, etc.
- Mens clothes - shirts, jackets, pants, shoes, coats, etc.
- Shoes, hats, belts, purses, totes, wallets, luggage & accessories
- Jewelry - vintage and contemporary
- Linens - bedding, sheets, blankets, towels, etc.
- Housewares - glassware, pots & pans, dishes, vases, small appliances
- Knickknacks, collectibles, lamps & picture frames
- Books, magazines & cards
- Media-CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes & LPs
- Condition of the Goods:
- The goods need to be clean and in good condition
- Clothes need to be fairly current, clean (no spots, holes or stains)
- Zippers need to work and all buttons must be on
- Household items and linens need to be clean and working
- Toys and games must be clean and have all parts
- Goods not accepted by the Shop:
- Children's toys and games on a per item basis - legal issues with the lead content
- Large appliances
- Skies & ski equipment
- Child car seats
- Pricing -
- Competitive for resale - The prices on the goods are set my the Resale Shop staff at competitive resale shop rates. See the "Items for Sale" page for sample prices.
- Discounting - After the goods have been on the sales floor for 2 months the price is reduced by 50%.
- Sales Racks - Ladies and men's clothing may be moved to the $2 sales racks by the shop staff.
- All Sales Final - No refunds, no exchanges.
- New Resale Merchandise Each Fall - At the end of the sales year in June the remaining merchandise is donated to charities.
- Surplus items to Charities - Goods that are deemed as unsuitable for sale will be donated to the Capuchins or another charity in Detroit for distribution to needy citizens.
- Resale Shop Closes for Summer & Holidays - The shop is open from the day after Labor Day (Sept. 8, 2009)through the last Friday in June (June 25 for 2010). Closed July and August. Also closed on the following holidays in 2009-10:
- Thanksgiving Day - Thur, Nov 26th, 2009.
- Christmas Day thru New Year's Day - Fri. Dec. 24, 2009, thru Fri. Jan 1, 2010.
- Martin Luther King Day - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010.
- Washington's Birthday - Mon. Feb. 15th, 2010. (previously President's Day).
- Easter - Fri. April 2 thru Mon. April 5th, 2010.
- Memorial Day Weekend - Sat. May 29 thru Mon. May 31, 2010.
- Snow Days - If the Royal Oak schools close for a "Snow Day" then the Resale Shop will also be closed.
Last Updated on Sunday, 06 September 2009 16:11
Copyright 2010 by St. John's Episcopal Church, Royal Oak, MI - All rights reserved