What Every New To You Resale Shop Consigner Needs to Know:
o Consignments only by Appointment
o Goods Accepted on Consignment
o Condition of the Goods
o Processing Charges
o Consignor Revenue
o When We Accept Seasonal Items
o Goods not accepted by the Shop
o All Sales Final
o Surplus items to Charities
o Resale Shop Closes for Summer & Holidays
o Snow Days
o Consignment Contract (separate page).
- Consignments only by Appointment - The appointments are on Mon-Fri between 10:00 am and 4:30 pm. Call the Manager at 248-546-1722 to schedule. The following is a link to a sample of the Consignment Contract you must sign.
- What Goods are Accepted on Consignment? - The Resale Shop will accept the following types of goods.
- Infant & toddler boys and girls clothes
- Womens clothes - tops, sweaters, skirts, blazers, pants, 2-pc outfits, pajamas, coats, etc.
- Mens clothes - shirts, jackets, pants, shoes, coats, etc.
- Shoes, hats, belts, purses, totes, wallets, luggage & accessories
- Jewelry - vintage and contemporary
- Linens - bedding, sheets, blankets, towels, etc.
- Housewares - glassware, pots & pans, dishes, vases, small appliances
- Knickknacks, collectibles, lamps & picture frames
- Books, magazines & cards
- Media-CD, DVD, VHS, Cassettes
- Condition of the Goods:
- The goods need to be clean and in good condition
- Clothes need to be fairly up to date, clean (no spots, holes or stains)
- Zippers need to work and all buttons must be on
- Household items and linens need to be clean and working
- Toys and games must be clean and have all parts
- Processing Charges:
- There is a $5.00 fee to open a New To You Resale Shop consignment account.
- There is a $3.00 charge for every 30 items. Items not sent to the sales floor are donated to charity.
- The $3.00 fees will be deducted from the check sent to you and noted on the memo line of the check along with a note of how many items were sold.
- Consigner Revenue:
- Checks for consignment revenue will be mailed to you approximately 3 months from the date of the consignment appointment to the address provided.
- Items will be logged, priced and on the sales floor approximately 2 weeks from your consignment appointment date.
- After two months on the sales floor, the consignment items become a donaton to the shop and are discounted 50%.
- When We Accept Seasonal Items:
- Fall clothes and items - September thru October.
- Winter clothes and items - November thru January.
- Spring clothes and items - February through March.
- Summer clothes and items - April through 1st 2 weeks in May.
- Goods not accepted by the Shop:
- Infant & children's items but be approved on a per item basis due to legal issues with the lead content.
- Large appliances
- Skies & ski equipment
- Child car seats
- Pricing - The prices on the goods are set by the Resale Shop staff at competitive resale shop rates. After the goods have been on sale for 2 months the price is reduced by 50% and that 50% goes to the Resale Shop.
- All Sales Final - No refunds, no exchanges.
- Surplus items to Charities - Goods that are deemed as inappropriate to sell in the Resale Shop because they are out-of-date, not in good condition or duplicative, or on the sales floor at the end of the year will be sent to the Capuchins or another charity in Detroit for distribution to needy citizens.
- Resale Shop Closes for Summer & Holidays - The shop is open from the day after Labor Day (Sept. 8, 2009)through the last Friday in June (June 25 for 2010). Closed July and August. Also closed on the following holidays in 2009-10:
- Thanksgiving Day - Thur, Nov 26th, 2009.
- Christmas Day thru New Year's Day - Fri. Dec. 24, 2009, thru Fri. Jan 1, 2010.
- Martin Luther King Day - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010.
- Washington's Birthday - Mon. Feb. 15th, 2010. (previously President's Day).
- Easter - Fri. April 2 thru Mon. April 5th, 2010.
- Memorial Day Weekend - Sat. May 29 thru Mon. May 31, 2010.
- Snow Days - If the Royal Oak schools close for a "Snow Day" then the New To You Resale Shop will also be closed.
Last Updated on Sunday, 06 September 2009 16:18
Copyright 2010 by St. John's Episcopal Church, Royal Oak, MI - All rights reserved