The following provides help on various aspects of the St. John's Website:
o Links to more information.
o What is the Site Map?
o What is "Parishioners Login"?
o What levels of access to the St. John's Website do Registered Users have?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Links to more information - The links in the articles in the website are hyperlinks to more information on the same page or elsewhere on the St. John's website, or elsewhere on the global web. The links are in blue will be underlined when you mouse over the them. Just click on the link to access the new information or page.
- What is the Site Map? -
- The Site Map (Auto) is a listing of the menus and webpages on the St. John's Website that is generated when you click-on the link. This just lists the titles of the menus and web pages without explanation.
- The Site Detail 10/11 takes the Site Map listing and provides some explanation of each menu item and web page as of the listed month.
- What is Parishioners Login? - The Parishioners Login provides password protected access to information for members of St. John's Episcopal Church only. Select Parishioners Login to login to this members only access or to register for the member's only access. People who are not official members of St. John's Episcopal Church will be blocked from access to this information. Currently the information available under the User Menu to Registered Users is:
- Ministries of St. John's - Detail descriptions and information on all the ministries and committees of St. John's including the information from the 2009 Parish Annual Report, the Contact Person and in some cases updated information and a list of members of the ministry.
- Vestry Members - List of 2009 Vestry members with phone number and email address.
- Your Details - Your username, name, email address, languages, editor, help site, time zone.
- Logout - Select to logout of the St. John's password protected User Menu.
- What levels of access to the St. John's Website do Registered Users have? - The levels of of access to the St. John's website are the following.
- Registered User: Initially St. John's members who register at the site can only view the Menu Items that have Access Level of Registered, i.e., the ones listed under What is Parishioners Login?. They cannot edit or submit articles.
- Author: Can submit new articles for approval in the front end only. The "front end" means that an edit icon appears in the upper right hand corner on a page and clicking on that will open up the editor for a new page. A Publisher or Administrator and the rector must approve the article before it is pubished. An Author cannot edit existing articles.
- Editor: Can submit new articles or edit existing articles from the front end only. A Publisher or Administrator must approve the article before it is published or the change published. The intention would be to give chairpersons of commitees and ministries Editor level access over specific web pages related to their ministry, with approval of the Administrator and rector.
- Publisher: Can submit, edit, or publish articles from the front end only.
- Administrator: Can do all of the above plus can log into the back end with increasing rights.
Last Updated on Monday, 17 October 2011 13:20